• 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m trying to create the following between dropbox and wordpress:

1. Upload .png to dropbox folder
  2. Auto upload .png to wordpress media
  3. Create new post in “custom post type”
  4. Attach uploaded file as featured image
  5. Publish

The workflow seems pretty straightforward but unfortunately dropbox doesn’t seem to share the direct file to wordpress, rather some dynamic share link which wordpress can’t parse.

I’ve tried:

• The File / Direct Media / Share Links 
  • Using a combination of the above with paths and extensions
  • manually testing a direct upload from dropbox
  • Finding a wordpress plugin that parses dropbox links

I can’t seem to find a solution.

All I need is a direct link to the file and wordpress would accept the upload, but there seems to be no way of generating one.

I’d really appreciate any ideas / suggestions

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by CIA-Zapier 17 March 2020, 22:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know how you were able to resolve this @CIA-Zapier!

I’ve had a look into this and to be honest, I’m not sure why it worked for Google Drive and not for Dropbox. I’m really glad that you found a way to make it work, though!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have accomplished the task using google drive instead, however I’m still curious as to why using dropbox causes the error.

In Drive you can use the file object with no issue:

However dropbox does not link direct to the file object it seems, rather a dynamic forwarder of some sort which results in:

And there seems to be no way around it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @CIA-Zapier ,

Sorry you’re running into this issue!

I see you have tried the Direct Media link and also finding an alternate plugin.

I’m curious if there are any additional plug-ins that may be impacting your workflow. Most often with a WordPress parsing error, this seems to be the case but disabling them and trying again will do the trick!

If the plug-ins aren’t the culprit, can you share a screenshot of your configuration so we can dig deeper? 

Thanks!