Best answer

“Deleted File” trigger

• 5 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I am a Zapier beginner and am still figuring it out. Thankfully, there is a community such as that I can get help and opinion on the topics that I’m interested in! 

So.. here’s what happened recently:

I’ve connected my Dropbox account to a database on Notion and got my first zap working! Then I’ve realised that once I go back to my Dropbox and delete a file or a folder from there, or rename one of them, the database does not update. The database stays the same, with the only difference that once I press the URL it shows as a not existing one. How do I fix that?

Looking forward to hearing some opinions! 

Many thanks,
Kamelia

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 August 2021, 15:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Kamelia 

The system you are expecting is called 2-way sync, where any impact on one side should reflect on the other side, which zapier doesn’t support natively. As of now, Dropbox can add files to notion database but there is no automation to update notion database when a file is deleted or renamed in dropbox.

There are workarounds to do that. You can create your own trigger using Dropbox api/webhook to update notion database when a file is deleted in dropbox.

Userlevel 1

Hi @robschmidt 

Is there any tutorial on how to do that?

Userlevel 1

Hi @robschmidt @Zapier @Help Team ,

Is there any tutorial on how to create Web hooks step by step for this specific situation?

BR,

Kamelia

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kamelia,

I did some digging and we have an existing feature request open for a “Deleted File” trigger so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have an ETA on when it would be added to the Dropbox integration, but we will email you as soon as it is! 

We don’t have any tutorials on how to use Webhooks by Zapier for this situation specifically, but here are a few guides that you may find helpful in setting that up:

I hope this helps get you headed in the right direction! :)

Userlevel 1

Hey @SamB ,

Thank you for your answer! 

I’ll definitely check what you’ve sent and yes, please e-mail me when the integration is available! 

Best wishes,
Kamelia