Best answer

Dropbox files in subfolder

• 9 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Would like to copy newly created dropbox files to another service INCLUDING files in subfolders.

As we can’t do it now, I assume a limitation in the API… any updates coming/planned?

(I’d like to monitor a whole folder structure and grab all files in it - even prepared to manually replicate the folder structure on the target first if necessary)

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 June 2020, 13:52

Hi @FDittmar! You’re right that this is an API limitation - we can’t add support for triggering from subfolders with the current set up of the Dropbox API. 

We do have a feature request recorded for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @FDittmar! You’re right that this is an API limitation - we can’t add support for triggering from subfolders with the current set up of the Dropbox API. 

We do have a feature request recorded for this and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality.