Best answer

downloading a csv doc from an email link and sending the attachment to airtable

• 5 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Everyday I get an email with a link to a report of how much my trucking company spent on fuel. I download that CSV doc to my computer and then drag and drop it into a CSV block in Airtable and all the transactions get added. How can I automate the downloading the document and adding it to Airtable?

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 6 July 2020, 15:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@TowPiglet -

You should be able to accomplish this with Formatter and Airtable’s Create Record action. I haven’t used line items in Airtable recently, but if they’re not supported, you can likely get around it by using a Google Sheet in between.

Here’s what I did and the error I got

Gmail - New email matching search

Formatter Text - Find the url

Formatter Utilities - Import CSV

Error

The utilities could not be sent to Formatter by Zapier.

The app returned "Could not determine delimiter"     It’s a wired link, here is the email I get everyday   Job: 'Fleet One Report -Zapier CSV' completed.
 Download at: https://emgr.efsllc.com/cards/CardsJob.action?getJobFile&fileId=e80f1b8b-7f1a-4618-8269-3d7bfe37b30e.1593933050001.jobdata

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your account manager.   Let me know what I’m doing wrong

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Here’s the documentation on that error:

“Error: Could not determine delimiter

The CSV file you're trying to import doesn't use a recognized delimiter (commas, semi-colons, tabs), or the delimiter was not able to be recognized. If you know your delimiter or you have a One Column CSV, you can select that in the Type of CSV File option.”

Try Comma Delimited first – that’s the most common.