Best answer

Download Audio/Video file from Google Drive

• 31 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I created a zap to connect Google Drive integration with the custom zap. But the problem is to get audio or video file from Google Drive folder. 

I’m not able to get access to a file so that I can use for further process. I want to download and save a file locally. 

If anyone have any idea about the problem. I am looking forward to hear thoughts from the community. 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 April 2020, 00:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Vatsal,

Would you mind telling me what your overall workflow looks like? For example, what would trigger the Zap, how would you retrieve the files from Google Drive and then where are you trying to add those files?

Once I'm sure that I know what your ultimate goal is, I can best help you out. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi

I want to upload a video from Google to Vimeo but when I put a video in my folder, I am getting an error message in Vimeo.

So, is that really possible to upload a video in vimeo from google drive?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Joe,

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, that should be possible. Assuming your trigger is New File or New File in Folder for Google Drive, you would then map this on your Vimeo step:

You’ll want to make sure it’s the one that says File (Exists but not shown). If you haven’t tried that yet, would you mind given it a shot to see if it works for you?

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot.

Works perfectly now. :-) 

Thank you so much.

Also, I have another question => I have a membership with more than 11.000 customers. Is there a way for them to upload a video in the membership but all the video will be uploading in my vimeo account.

I teach music, and I want them to be able to share them improvment with others… What should be the trigger and actions?

Thanks for your support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Jo69 - If you use the “New File In Folder” trigger, it will trigger any time a file gets added to a folder, whether it’s by you or a student. Just make sure you students have access permissions for that folder.