Best answer

Devops connection is throwing "Client secret is expired.".

• 11 September 2020
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

We been using a zap to connect devops but from last two days we are getting an error. 

Here is what we are getting when we try to reconnect. The app returned "Client secret is expired.".

I am not sure where we need to update this. 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 14 October 2020, 14:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

57 replies

Userlevel 2

This is the response 5 days ago in the Microsoft support forums:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/solutions/1199272/view.html
We've renewed the client secret for the app. As MSFT doesn't have access to Zapier's config, we need Zapier or whoever maintains the app config in Zapier to fetch the secret and update the app. Who can help us with that?

Can we have an update on the status of this problem from the Zapier side? It appears that the Azure DevOps app from the Zapier side needs to get re-published. Is there some misunderstanding about who owns the integration? 
-Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi All,

So sorry you are continuing to be impacted by this bug- I can imagine how frustrating that must be. 

@GengeT & @Rudolf I have added you as impacted users which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with app’s team
  • Adds weight to the issue in their queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

@lumed @Opisto @HQZap I see that you all have been in touch with Support who has added each of you as impacted users. @lumed thank you for sharing the Microsoft ticket for others to reference here. You all will definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that there is a fix! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Enufacas Thanks for the heads up on the thread in the Miscrosoft forum, I’ve added this to the issue report that we have. 

The Microsoft Azure team that own and maintain the Zapier integration but we’ll do our upmost to help them to get this resolved. 

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

So sorry you are continuing to be impacted by this bug- I can imagine how frustrating that must be. 

@GengeT & @Rudolf I have added you as impacted users which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with app’s team
  • Adds weight to the issue in their queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

@lumed @Opisto @HQZap I see that you all have been in touch with Support who has added each of you as impacted users. @lumed thank you for sharing the Microsoft ticket for others to reference here. You all will definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that there is a fix! 

Thank you Liz for your support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kathy M, @larstj and @Tom de Ridder I’ve added each of you as an affected user on the issue. This means that you’ll get an email when we have an update and lets the Azure DevOps team know how many users are seeing this issue. 

The Azure DevOps app is owned and maintained by their team, so I’m not able to give an estimate of when this issue will be resolved. I did find this thread in the Microsoft Developer Community  which looks like someone has reported the issue there. On September 14 there was an update on that thread saying “This issue is currently being investigated. Our team will get back to you if either more information is needed, a workaround is available, or the issue is resolved.”

I’m sorry that there’s not any more that we can do right now. 

Userlevel 1

Microsoft has replied on their end.  Here is what they said in the Microsoft Community board.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/solutions/1199272/view.html

So the next move is Zapier it looks like.

Userlevel 1

Anyone knows a Zapier alternative? We use it daily to link betweek Hubspot and AzureDevops and this bug is slowing us down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! We’ve received the following message from the team working to resolve this with Azure Dev Ops. The short version is that, as @lumed  said, it should be working now. 

Here’s the message from our team:

We've worked with the Azure Dev Ops team to identify the issues with connecting / maintaining a connection from Azure DevOps to Zapier. They've recently written in to let us know that they have taken steps to resolve these errors.

I hope you can give this another try soon. If you do happen to encounter this issue again (or any other issue!), please let our team know so we can work to resolve it.

Userlevel 2

@Danvers just an FYI looks like there is some traction from Microsoft’s side on this they are asking for some help from the Zapier side now. https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/solutions/1199272/view.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alfranklino@MartinTremblay@Gshell and @wikky I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. 

@Gshell I’m sorry that this is preventing you from making the most of your trial with Zapier. When this is resolved, if you contact the Support Team they’ll be able to give you some more time to try out Zapier. 

Userlevel 1

​I am also receiving the same error.

Userlevel 1

Same issue.. on top of that i just paid a yearly subscription for zappier in order to use DevOps integration. It was working great while I was still on the free plan. Once I switched to paid plan it stopped working :) Please send info if the problem will be resolved as the DevOps integration is currently the only reason to use zappier for me.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Thanks

We are experiencing the same issue. Please let us know when this will be fixed. This is the only reason we are using Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jsmircic @jfrench.donan - I have added you all as impacted users as well so that you will be notified once this bug is fixed.

I know this must be frustrating- in the meantime, I suggest keeping an eye on the thread that lumed shared above as it looks like this bug is being worked on by the app’s team. 

Userlevel 1

Same here and upvoted on MS’s ticket listed above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @naveen - sorry you are running into this! I suspect you may have stumbled across a current bug with the Azure DevOps app. I am escalating this to our Support team who can determine if this is the case and help to troubleshoot if not. 

Sit tight and someone will be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 1

I’m affected as well, and use this for investigation into security alerts.  Please let me know feedback as the ticket progresses with MSFT.

Userlevel 1

Hi guys, same problem being experienced here. I’ve removed the app from DevOps and from Zapier, but attempting to re-add the app into Zapier still shows the “Client secret is expired” error above.

I’m also having this issue.  Can you add me to the notification list please?

Please add me to the list of affected people as well.

We are still in the same situation as well.  

I have been following the Microsoft board as well:  https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/comments/1208270/view.html

Looks like @Zapier  needs to try to set the keys on their end.

Can we get an update?

thanks

Hi, I have the same problem “The app returned “The client secret is expired”.”  When I try to reconnect to Azure DevOps from Zapier.com.  I started a ticket with Zapier.com support. 

All was running well until about Sept 8th 2020 when I started to see that zaps were failing.  Tried to reconnect by removing Zapier from the Authorized OAuth Apps in Azure DevOps.  I am able to remove it.  When I add the AzDevOps connection in Zapier it will create this as an Authorized OAuth App in AzDevOps.  But after testing the connection from Zapier Apps it fails with the error “The client secret is expired” again.

Anyone had any luck fixing this?

@Danvers Still no news on this ?

Userlevel 2

I have asked @ azureDevOps on twitter for a timeline for this fix if you want to lend your voice to it’s importance. https://twitter.com/Enufacas/status/1309122403742748674