Best answer

Delay For Question

• 27 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I want my zap to wait 10 minutes before it does something however I need it to check the status of a data field and then run IF the condition matches. It doesn't seem to work that way.

My question is this.

• Let's say I have a data field called "Stage" and the default value for this is "Lead". Zapier pulls the data in and then programed to wait 10 minutes before doing anything.
  • After 10 minutes Zapier needs to check the value of "Stage" and see if it's STILL "Lead" or if it's anything else. The way my zap is setup is when "Stage" exactly matches "Lead" then proceed. If it does not match "Lead" then finish the zap.
  • When I tested this it doesn't work and I'm curious if Zapier is taking the INITIAL data "Stage=Lead" and then finding it always true after 10 minutes OR should it be checking the feed AGAIN to see if the Stage=X and then proceed if it matches?

Not sure if I'm making sense but I need it to check the data source again after 10 minutes to see if it's changed then proceed or not.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 27 January 2020, 22:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @zoomutah

Welcome!

So, what you're describing is possible. You would just add a Lookup/Search step after the delay and make sure it's constructed in such a way to find the same record as your trigger.

Then, when setting up the filter make sure you're filtering on the field in that search step and not the field from the trigger app.

What app is this by the way?