Best answer

Customizing back half of bitly link with airtable?

• 19 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I succeeded in generating a Bitly link in connection with Airtable and then updating the record.

The next (important) step would be to pull another Airtable field to customize the back half of the bitly link. is that possible? the result should be

bit.ly/[custom.backhalf]

thx!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 February 2021, 16:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Christopher B. 

Yes, you can dynamically create a URL by combining hardcoded and dynamical elements.

When in doubt, test it out!

Hi Troy, thanks - that sounds great! As a newbie I cannot find the part where I pull the bitly-backhalf from airtable into  the Zapier integration…

EDIT: for example: I can create “gof.bz/2ZH1SCU” with my custom domain but not “gof.bz/EXAMPLE”… when “EXAMPLE” is in a field from airtable for a specific record. /EDIT

any help regarding that?

thx a lot!

Christopher

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Christopher B.

As long as you can get the desired value from Airtable, you can create a link by structuring the data points like this…

Hi @Troy Tessalone ! thx so much for your time and effort - but I still don’t get it… I cannot see in map where I could what you did in your screenshot. I just cannot find the step where i could send the information for the backhalf to bit.ly… this is my bitly step:

perhaps I am missing a big step? thx again!

Christopher

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Christopher B.

The Bitly integration doesn’t let you specify a custom URL backend for the generated Bitly link.

You’d have to configure that in Bitly.

Ok, thanks - I will try if that works!

According to bitly is not possible to customize the backhalf … :(