Best answer

Customize extending App/Trigger

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,

This was not easily identifiable and sorry if it is answered somewhere.

I am trying to add or customize an existing App/integration that is publicly available.

I went to try to create an integration from Twitter to Stocktwits. The problem with this now is that zapier is limiting the stocktwits post to 140 characters - which this previous limitation has since been increased on the stocktwits platform to allow for more characters.

Is there an ability to utilize all of the work that has been done with Stocktwits (auth etc,) and customize the actions available? I also would like to extend or add an action for slack - again is this possible to pull  n the pre-existing work already completed and extend functionality for my own use or others.

Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by Danvers 2 April 2020, 11:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately you did not answer my question. I was asking if you can leverage existing apps (Slack, Stocktwits, etc) and customize them further without recreating all of the base work (authentication etc)..

Best

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JohnZimmers Unfortunately it’s not possible to adapt existing integrations (eg build on what already exists), you would need to start from scratch, sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request for StockTwits to increase the post character length to 1000. I've added you  as another vote for this addition, which lets the team know how many folks are interested in it. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you’re familiar with APIs then you can build a custom integration here:

www.zapier.com/platform/

If you’re don’t have the technical ability then a Zapier expert like myself could build it for you (paid service). PM me if you want that.