Best answer

Custom Value Not Working

• 25 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

I've got a multi step zap that creates dropbox folders, new trello boards and more based on information inputted into a field in Sign Request. It works perfectly.

However, I when the zap runs (after getting a signed sign request) and the new trello board is created with the name pulled from sign request, I want to create a new list in that newly created board called "Trello" - I tried doing this with a custom value but I get the following error message:

image.pngWhat am I getting wrong? In the above example, my sign request (first step of the multi zap) has a field that the user completes (their company name) which is used to create a trello board of the same name. Within that board, I want to automatically create a new list called "completed" as part of the multi step zap.

Help! I am not a coder by the way!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 25 January 2020, 19:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Edge45

So, the "Board" field when you create the list needs the ID of the board, not it's name. You will find the ID of the newly created board in the output data from that step.

Does that make sense?

This explains it a bit more:

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps

Userlevel 3

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Thank you for your answer - But how do I ensure the board ID changes each time a new board is created based on the sign request? Surely pasting in the board id for this example means it will want to use that same id for others?

Userlevel 3

Yes, so pasting the example id board in (wolves one) then creating a new sign request with a different name did as I thought - Created two completed lists in the wolves board as that was the id - How do I get the board id to update dynamically based on the board created in the previous step?

Userlevel 3

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu Sorted, it, your answer was good, I was just being silly

image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Edge45 - you just went through the same learning process everyone of us went through when we started. Good job!