Best answer

creating journal entry into quickbooks through zap

• 9 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

hi im trying to create a journal entry into my quickbooks through zap. the difficulty im finding is that there is only one debit section and one credit section. 

my journal entry will have one debit entry and multiple credit entries.(needless to say the debit side will equal the total on the credit side). But the problem im facing is that there is no provision for adding up multiple credit entries. 

can someone help me on the same?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 August 2020, 23:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @freedomp!

That feature is not available at the moment, I'm afraid. It's something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

When that’s been added to the QuickBooks integration, we'll be sure to let you know via email. 

I don’t know that there IS a workaround that you can use, but if you can elaborate a bit on how your Zap is set up maybe we can come up with an outside-the-box method. Like, what is the trigger, are there any other steps in the Zap, how are you receiving the data for the debit/credits, etc?

I saw this earlier but it was closed for comments.  This feature would really make zapier the killer application for QBO.

Any update on:

hi im trying to create a journal entry into my quickbooks through zap. the difficulty im finding is that there is only one debit section and one credit section. 

my journal entry will have one debit entry and multiple credit entries.(needless to say the debit side will equal the total on the credit side). But the problem im facing is that there is no provision for adding up multiple credit entries. 

can someone help me on the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bryan Baker 

Good question.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, Zapier keeps an internal list of app requests, which you can submit here to Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Bryan Baker! As it stands this is still an outstanding feature request. I agree, it would be pretty useful to be able to have multiple credit entries! I’ve noted your follow up on this request and logged it to show there is still a consistent interest in this feature being added. ✍🏾

This is a big miss on the Quickbooks integration. Is there any update on the topics?