Best answer

Create or update HubSpot contacts from new Gmail emails matching a search [Business Gmail Accounts Only]

• 15 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All - Very new to Zapier and expereimenting with my first Zap. 

Trying to connect my Gmail account with Hubspot. Objective would be to automatically update a contact record when receivng a bounce response from gmail.

Issues getting Zapier to identify the email of the contact record as this email is the “to” recipient in the orginial and the auto bounce response come from postmaster@gmail.com to my personal email.

Does anyone know how to get the email search function to search through the previous emails in the chain to find the correct email address associated with the contact record in Hubspot? 

Thanks again,

Simon

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 June 2020, 00:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Simon101!

There might be some ways to extract an email address from something like that, but won’t the bounce email change based on who you sent it to? You could try using Formatter’s Extract Email Address feature to see if it gets you what you need from the body. I feel like most “bounced” emails include the email address pretty early in the body text.

Would you mind giving that a shot to see if it works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Simon101!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!