Best answer

Create multiple line items in Airtable from eBay orders?

• 16 July 2021
  • 2 replies

When a new order is created in eBay, my Zap creates an Order and a related Order Line Item in two corresponding tables in Airtable When Orders with more than 1 line item occur, will the Zap create multiple line items?  I’m not sure how to test this, since the test orders seem to be chosen automatically.

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 19 July 2021, 04:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mlkla 

For line items to work, you need to verify that eBay sends line-items data and your action app (airtable) can receive the line-item data. If your test data doesn’t show the actual record you want to display, you can turn on the Zap and after an order is placed then check the history of the Zap. 

If eBay sends data in a line-item structure (data separated by comma) you can just add them in the fields that accept line-item and it will work.

Thanks @robschmidt 

I was able to set up the Zap to create an Order, as well as a single Order Line item associated with the Order in a different table while maintaining the relationship between the two - so things are working as expected in this scenario.  I’m just not sure how the Zap will preform if/when there are multiple line items within the same order. I suppose I can just monitor the orders and wait to see what happens.

Hopefully as you suggest, the multiple item scenario and it will ‘just work.’