Best answer

How can I automate duplication and renaming of Dropbox folders/subfolders based on new monday.com board?

Userlevel 1

We have some Dropbox folders and subfolders that we essentially use as a template, and then we duplicate them every time we enter into a Due Diligence phase with a new property, renaming them after the property. It doesn’t appear that there is a Dropbox action that would allow me to automate this process but maybe someone knows of a creative way. The alternative is to have a zap that has 40-something steps… each one creating one of the folders/subfolders we need. I was hoping that the trigger to the folder creation could be a new Monday.com board being created.

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 26 May 2021, 22:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @marrsgirl 

There is a more technical way to achieve what you want by leveraging the Dropbox API: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation#files-copy

Description

Copy a file or folder to a different location in the user's Dropbox.
If the source path is a folder all its contents will be copied.

This would require the use of a Webhooks step in a Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @marrsgirl!

Were you able to find a solution for your workflow using Webhooks by Zapier and the Dropbox API? 

We do have an open feature request for the Dropbox integration for a Copy Template Folder Action right in your Zap - if that sounds like what you are looking for, I can add your vote to that request. No ETA on when that could become available though 😟 

Userlevel 1

Hey @marrsgirl!

Were you able to find a solution for your workflow using Webhooks by Zapier and the Dropbox API? 

We do have an open feature request for the Dropbox integration for a Copy Template Folder Action right in your Zap - if that sounds like what you are looking for, I can add your vote to that request. No ETA on when that could become available though 😟 

please add my vote for this option as well

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @therese!

Thanks for the note, I’ve added your vote to the request - we will email you if/when the Copy Template Folder action becomes available for the Dropbox integration 👍

Please put me on the notify list for this feature as well!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @mdk, hope you’re well!

I’ve just added your vote to the request and we’ll be sure to email you if we add this functionality to the Dropbox integration. :)

Userlevel 1

Hi Zapier staff, please add me to the alert as well.  would love to have this feature

Please add my vote to this as well.  Been wanting this feature for a long time!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @glenmit and @RLMA!

I've gone ahead and added your votes for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

Please add my vote too - I am dying for such a function! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Ivan de Wolf

I’ve just added your vote for that feature as well. We’ll email you as soon as it becomes possible to copy template folders with the Dropbox integration! :)

Hi SamB, please add my vote for this feature and add me to the notify list. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @AJT

Happy to confirm I’ve added your vote as well. We will be in touch with you by email once that feature request has been implemented. :)

Please notify me when this is available as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out, @David10112021 :)

We’ve added your vote too, so we’ll definitely email you as soon as it’s added! 

Please notify me, too! Thanks :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @PaddyJustaddsugar! You got it! Your votes been added and we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop as soon as we know more. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there folks 👋

Circling back round here to share that the feature request to have a “Copy Template Folder” action added is not going to be pursued by the team at this time. That said, if anything changes on the status of that feature request, we’ll definitely post an update here to keep you all in the loop!

In the meantime it might be worth using Dropbox’s API Request action to make a copy of an existing template folder/subfolders. It’s a bit more advanced as you’d need to reference Dropbox’s API documentation when setting up the request. But its slightly easier to set up than a webhook action as you wouldn’t need to set up any authentication for the request, it would just connect using the Dropbox account that’s already connected to your Zap. If it’s something you’d be interested in trying check out our Set up an API request action guide to learn more. 

Hope that helps. Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions or run into any issues in the meantime.