Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Userlevel 2

Hi!

I use many Asana zap but i would like to be able to choose a specific template from my Asana account. For example: A project is created in Asana - team Client when a proposal is won in Proposify. I want that project to be create form my client project template.

Any solution?

Thanks ;)

icon

Best answer by hoon 17 August 2022, 01:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Hi, all!

Thank you all for letting us know you were looking for a way to duplicate or copy a project with the Asana integration. I'm happy to let you know that a new Create Project From Template action is now available.

Can you give that a try and see if that works for your needs?

If you run into any problems or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help!

Userlevel 1

Is there any update on the above?
This would be desperately needed.

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the vote for this feature.

I hope there will be a solution soon as I am not into the Webhook thing.. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add me too!

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list to be notified/updated as well. This would be highly beneficial for me.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi, this problem was resolved?

Thx.

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well!

Userlevel 1

We would like to be added to this feature request list as well, thank you! I’m sure the benefits of duplicating Asana projects/templates have been better described by others in the past and are generally self-evident, but this is a fundamental and much needed feature from a PM automation perspective that would greatly streamline our workflow and add a great deal of value for us. The need for native support for even a limited project duplication Zap event can’t be overstated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @danieldevis ,

No update on the above at the moment, but I am adding you as an interested user which adds another vote to getting this feature implemented! It also reminds us to update you via email once there is any update. 

Userlevel 1

Please add me, would love to see this happen soon… any timeline?

Userlevel 1

Please +1 this. Would be very helpful.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

While it isn't part of the native Zapier integration, we have set up a number of zaps for clients which look at duplicating an Asana Project utilising the Webhook by Zapier app to make a POST request to Asana for duplicating.

We have had clients first create a base project design that they would like duplicated, then use the native Zapier Asana action of 'Find Project' to bring back the project ID

Using the webhook by zapier step, you can then send a POST request to duplicate the project and assign it to an Asana team.

The post URL would have the following form:

https://app.asana.com/api/1.0/projects/[project ID]/duplicate

An example body payload would look like below and simply needs the generated API token as an authorisation header:

{ "data": { "include": [ "task_assignee" ], "name": "Test Team Name Project", "team": "1111111111" } }

While having this part of the native Zapier interface would be an easier option, using their API as as a current workaround is a workable option.

If you need any additional information feel free to reach out any time.

Regards, Michael

Userlevel 1

@steph.n Any update on this, and can you please add me as watcher on this feature request? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

everyone wondering how to this, you can use webhooks. custom request, POST method. get your token from asana then pass the data from your webhook to asana project.

Userlevel 1

Legend.

Userlevel 1

Need this feature!

Please add me to the feature request.

Please add myself to the list - would be a very powerful feature

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Jsilva! I’ve got your vote added to this and we’ll be in touch if it gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kelseyyeslek! I’ve just added your vote for this. :relaxed:

We don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll let you know as soon as it is. In the meantime, it may be worth trying out the workaround outlined here:

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts or @Danvers could you add me too?

Userlevel 2

Hi @nicksimard !

Yes exactly but i already have created some templates so they are in my templates library and i want to use them. Let’s say i make a zap from Proposify, then i want my projet to be created with my existing template named “client” for example. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Johanna Berg! I’ve added your vote to the feature request. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates on this! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Avaunt I have added your vote for this feature request!

please add me as well