Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Userlevel 2

Hi!

I use many Asana zap but i would like to be able to choose a specific template from my Asana account. For example: A project is created in Asana - team Client when a proposal is won in Proposify. I want that project to be create form my client project template.

Any solution?

Thanks ;)

icon

Best answer by hoon 17 August 2022, 01:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Userlevel 1

Need this feature!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Earl White! Thanks for reaching out. I got your vote added to that feature request. We’ll keep you and this thread updated if and when this gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi, this problem was resolved?

Thx.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @nbugueno

Thanks for reaching out. This is still an open feature request at the moment! I went ahead and got your vote added to this though. This way when and if this gets implemented we’ll be sure to update the thread and send emails to anyone on this list.

That said, I wanted to be sure and share this workaround my partner in Community crime, @SamB concocted! Hopefully it’s helpful and gets ya’ll on the right track in the meantime.

+1 to wanting this feature

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Jsilva! I’ve got your vote added to this and we’ll be in touch if it gets implemented. 🙂

This is absolutely ESSENTIAL for us as well!  The “create project” action is just too limited without this capability. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Her Campus Media 

I’ve added your vote to this feature request. We’ll send an update via email once implemented. 

Hi @Her Campus Media 

I’ve added your vote to this feature request. We’ll send an update via email once implemented. 

Is it at least on the roadmap?  Or is this just a feature request that’s sitting out here no possibility of being worked on any time soon? 

Userlevel 1

everyone wondering how to this, you can use webhooks. custom request, POST method. get your token from asana then pass the data from your webhook to asana project.

Hi! 

I also need this feature, I would like to be added in the vote list, please. I now know that there is the possibility to do this using webhooks @abdellatif  and thank you for sharing by the way, but as a very busy project manager you would want things to be more practical especially if there are team members involved.
Thanks everyone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ahlem Daoud 

Let me add you to this feature request! We’ll email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hi, all!

Thank you all for letting us know you were looking for a way to duplicate or copy a project with the Asana integration. I'm happy to let you know that a new Create Project From Template action is now available.

Can you give that a try and see if that works for your needs?

If you run into any problems or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are here to help!

Userlevel 1

🎉

Is there anyway of zapping information into the template’s custom fields?

We want to create Asana projects from templates for our PMs triggered by Deals Won by Acc Managers in Pipedrive, but we can’t get the field information from one to the other (and there’s a lot of it).

Thank you

Userlevel 1

Is there anyway of zapping information into the template’s custom fields?

We want to create Asana projects from templates for our PMs triggered by Deals Won by Acc Managers in Pipedrive, but we can’t get the field information from one to the other (and there’s a lot of it).

Thank you

@Gonçalo Cal you could do this with webhooks

Please add my vote to this feature. It would be SO helpful!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @meg416 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thank you!