Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Userlevel 2

Hi!

I use many Asana zap but i would like to be able to choose a specific template from my Asana account. For example: A project is created in Asana - team Client when a proposal is won in Proposify. I want that project to be create form my client project template.

Any solution?

Thanks ;)

icon

Best answer by hoon 17 August 2022, 01:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Audrey_APHstrategie!

Is this the feature in Asana that you’re referring to: https://asana.com/guide/team/advanced/create-use-asana-templates. I want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing before I check for an existing feature request, or get a new one created. Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Hi @nicksimard !

Yes exactly but i already have created some templates so they are in my templates library and i want to use them. Let’s say i make a zap from Proposify, then i want my projet to be created with my existing template named “client” for example. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Audrey_APHstrategie ,

Thanks for the additional info! This isn’t currently possible but the good news is that there is an open feature request for the ability to use these templates!

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user for this feature which does the following:

• Re-raises this issue with the Asana team
  • Adds weight to this feature request in the queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

I don't have an ETA on when or if this feature will go into production, but if it does you will be notified via email. Please let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

Userlevel 1

Is there any update on the above?
This would be desperately needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @danieldevis ,

No update on the above at the moment, but I am adding you as an interested user which adds another vote to getting this feature implemented! It also reminds us to update you via email once there is any update. 

You can add me as an interested user, we would really like to see this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TomWFox! I’ve added you to this feature request, you’ll get an email if we have an update 🙂

Please add me as well - this would be extremely beneficial! Are there any timeframes/is this in the pipeline for Zapier to work on? Understand the API is available for it from Asana

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bree_D'Arcy!

I’ve gone ahead and added you to that feature request :)

I don’t have an exact timeline, but I can say that this integration is one that Zapier owns and maintains. As for the priority, it’s relatively high and there are a fair number of requests for it. So, hopefully sooner than later!

Please add me to this feature request as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Avaunt I have added your vote for this feature request!

@Liz_Roberts please add me as well. This is a critical piece of automation for our company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @oktanaut - We’ve added you as a vote to this feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @Matteo Cossu - You’ve been added. Thanks!

please add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@rolfsterhh you have been added!

Hello I would also like to be added to this request. It would be incredibly beneficial and is greatly needed for so many of my tasks and Zaps.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @leanneoperations thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request. 

Hi there, please add me to this feature request too. This one would be huge. our own product is integrated with Zapier and having a project created from a template action would unlock thousands of our customers’ workflows. Our app (Practice Ignition) is a proposal tool, amongst other things. We have native integrations with other workflow solutions that deploy whole jobs and tasks, but Asana is well used within our niche, so this would be huge. Not only that, we’d use this action internally to run our own projects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tom.maxwell - thank you for the additional context. I have added your vote to this feature request and you will receive any updates via email!

Can you add me to this feature request as well? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vmityul, thanks for your message! I’ve made sure that you are added to that feature request 🙂

Hi can you add me too please. Would help a lot.

Thanks

Please add me as well, thanks!