Best answer

create a zap via REST

• 3 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to create new Zaps via REST or at least to copy and modify existing zaps?

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 12 May 2020, 13:08

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DanielF ,

You can create your own Zap threw the Zapier Partner Program. Here you can use any kind or REST API to create your own kind of Zap. If you would just simply like to call a webhook, I suggest to either;

• Use the Zap action “Code by Zapier” to make a HTTP request using python / javascript
  • Or the Zap action “Wehooks by Zapier” to catch, post or get a webhook.

Let me know if this helps you.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 2

I’m very much interested in creating Zaps programmatically as well but the Partner platform appears to be more for partners to create integrations vs for consumers to create zaps. @ForYourIT can you be more specific as to which API specifically we can use to create/manage Zaps?

Thanks,

_alan_

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@acriblet The partner platform is nothing more than a platform where you can create your own custom app. It doesn't take any much effort to create your Zap and afterwards you can just use it in your own Zap workflows .

As of the API you can use, that completely depends on what you want to make. You don't explain anything about your goal you would like to achieve so I wouldn't know ;) Maybe I misunderstood your question, but let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @acriblet 

I think I understand what you’re saying. You mean instead of creating individual zaps using the editor, you want to do so automatically.

Sadly it’s not possible at the moment. What @ForYourIT is talking about is slightly different as you’ve noticed.

The closest you’ll get is being on the Teams plan, in which case you can export all your zaps in json format and similarly import a json file of zaps. If you can find a way to then edit that json file in an efficient way, then you might be onto something.

Userlevel 2

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu yes you understood my question. I did notice the Json exporting capability and was wondering if there was a programmatic way. Thanks for clarifying, really appreciate it.