Best answer

Create a new slack channel then add a message to newly created channel?

• 8 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zap community!  I looked and didn’t see this exact question addressed, so here goes!

I’m easily able to create a new Slack channel when a new Airtable record is created.  Is there also a way to populate a message within the newly created slack channel as well?  Any help on workflow is appreciated, thank you so much!

J

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 August 2020, 00:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @amplify_la!

My first thought is that you could use Slack’s Send Channel Message action and instead of selecting a channel, you’d use Custom like this:

Map the Channel ID field from the Create Channel step and you should be good to go. If you run into any problems, you might have to add a bit of a delay between the two Slack steps, to make sure you’re not trying to send a message to a channel that Slack doesn’t realize exists yet.

Userlevel 1

Ah, amazing, I’ll give that a try!  Thanks so much!!  What would you suggest re: adding delay between the two steps?  Putting a dummy step in the chain?

Userlevel 1

That worked perfectly - thank you SO much!