Best answer

Create a new Google Doc and embed a photo from various photo sources (Google photos, screenshots, etc.)

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Just like the subject line reads, I’m trying to save “saved” photos (Google photos, screenshots, etc.) to a Google Doc such that I can then comment on it, take notes, etc. That is, I’m not trying to merely upload the photo to Google Drive, I’m trying to use the photo as a trigger to first create the Google Doc, then embed itself within the Google Doc. Too easy, right?  :)

An example might be taking a photo of my journal. Zapier would shoot that photo to a Google Doc where I could then voice type some additional notes/thoughts, etc.

I realize Evernote probably does this in super easy fashion, but I’m trying to keep everything in G Suite so I’m not searching across multiple platforms. 

Anyhow, more why than you probably needed, but that’s what I’m trying to do.

Any help would be super cool!

Cheers,
Josh

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 17 June 2020, 00:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @evilsizor!

Thanks for the thorough explanation. What you’re looking to do is almost possible. The missing piece is that the Google Docs Create Document from Template action doesn’t support inline images. We have an existing feature request and I’ve added your vote for it. We also can’t send hyperlinks via that action (another feature request, added your vote to it).

The closest I can come is to add the text for the link to that image in Google Drive (I’m not 100% sure if Google Photos shows up in Drive) and then once it’s in the doc I can do a couple of things to get the image:

Select the link, make it into a proper hyperlink, then I can click on it and drag the image that appears, into the document. Not sure if this helps you out but I had fun figuring out a neat little workflow that might help someone else :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @evilsizor!

I'm checking in with you here, since I don’t see a response to the message that I’d sent you. Have you managed to resolve things or did you still need help here? Please let us know :)

@nicksimard 

I know this is old, but are there any updates on this?

Let’s say I’m using Create Document from Template action and I have:

{{name}}

{{image}}

All the images are in google drive links. Is there a way to insert them? Obviously just inserting google drive link to the image won’t actually insert the image, it will show a link. Are there any tags like [img] or something I can add to my google drive urls with photos so that it inserts the photo into the google doc that I created?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can I add my vote to both of these features too? I’m running up against the same walls with getting proper links and images in google doc templates.

Thanks!

+1

+1

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @sillywonka, @Andrew504 and @leroybuiter,

I’ve added all your votes for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

For now, I pulled it off with the following set up:

You can use the following Zap:

- Search and Replace Text With Image in PDF in PDF.co (3.4.0)

Basically you can put a word in (e.g. “placeImageHere”) in your Google docs template. Then, use the PDF.co zapp (you will need a paid plan around €10 p/month)) and use the export reponse PDF from your Google Docs Template Zap. The PDF.co will replace the unique text found in your Google Dos with an image that you provide.

Hey there! Absolutely get where you're coming from. To seamlessly integrate photos into a Google Doc and utilize them as a starting point for comments and notes, you can leverage the power of Google Apps Script. This scripting language lets you automate tasks in G Suite. You can set up a script that triggers when a new photo is added to a specific folder in Google Drive. The script would then create a new Google Doc and embed the photo within it. From there, you can easily add your comments and notes. It's a bit of a workaround, but it keeps everything in the G Suite ecosystem as you wanted. If you're not into scripting, there might be some third-party apps that can help with this specific workflow. Give it a shot, and let me know how it goes! By the way, speaking of photos, have you checked out PicsArt Mod for iOS? It's a fantastic app for photo editing and creative expression. Could be a great addition to your toolkit!

Are you deeply interested in sharing and downloading photos and videos on social media? Here, we present personally using the app that solves all your problems. The app’s name is Insta Pro APK. For Android Devices, Insta Mod is Developed by SamMods. Instagram Pro Provides Features Like Media, Status Privacy, and Story Downloading. Hurry up! Just install this application and enjoy it.

Various virus and malware detection engines have confirmed that Insta Pro Apk is safe. Also, you may use these platforms to scan through every update and enjoy Instagram Pro security.