Question

Couldn't find a record with the parameters specified for object object_1

anyone know what happened? and how to solve it?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @darius212, welcome to the Community!

It’s a little tricky to say what the cause of the error is without knowing more about the Zap. Based off the error message, it looks like you were perhaps trying to update a record but the Zap wasn’t able to find the record to be able to update it.

I would start by taking another look at the step to make sure that everything is in as you expect it. Also, if you’re using a custom value for the Record that you want to update, make sure that you’re using the record ID (which you can get using a Find Record step) and not the name of the record. 

If that doesn’t do the trick, then in the case of an error like this, your best bet will be to contact the Support Team using the Get Help form, as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. 

Hi @darius212, welcome to the Community!

It’s a little tricky to say what the cause of the error is without knowing more about the Zap. Based off the error message, it looks like you were perhaps trying to update a record but the Zap wasn’t able to find the record to be able to update it.

I would start by taking another look at the step to make sure that everything is in as you expect it. Also, if you’re using a custom value for the Record that you want to update, make sure that you’re using the record ID (which you can get using a Find Record step) and not the name of the record. 

If that doesn’t do the trick, then in the case of an error like this, your best bet will be to contact the Support Team using the Get Help form, as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you. 

I already used the record id that you suggested but the error I got was still the same.

so I have a form wherein there is an upload file and a link. This file upload will be sent to Google Drive every time a new record is added, and this works using Zapier. but for this link obtained when Google Drive detects a new file in it my application will update the record by entering the URL in the link field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

so I have a form wherein there is an upload file and a link. This file upload will be sent to Google Drive every time a new record is added, and this works using Zapier. but for this link obtained when Google Drive detects a new file in it my application will update the record by entering the URL in the link field.

@darius212 Thanks so much for all the details. Would you mind sharing with us a screenshot so that we could escalate this issue to our Support team pending what the error you’re reporting says? Thanks a bunch!