Best answer

Connecting Zapier with Salesforce & Azure DevOps - Tickets in Azure Dev Ops to Cases in Salesforce

• 20 August 2021
  • 2 replies

I am having trouble trying to connect the tickets created in Azure Dev Ops to Accounts in to Accounts in Salesforce.  After speaking with Salesforce, they recommended that I use “Cases” to do this.  My Trigger item would be “New Work Item in Azure DevOps” and my action item would be “Create Record in Salesforce”

However, whenever I try to link the Account field in Salesforce to my client name in Azure Dev Ops via the “Custom” option, I get an error of “Could not create record of the "Case" object: Account ID: id value of incorrect type: Meadville”.  The name of the account in Salesforce is the exact same as the account name in Azure Dev Ops.  Every other field seems to work except for this one.  Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 August 2021, 22:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MitchM 

Salesforce expects the Object Record ID when trying to link Objects.

You can see this internal ID by looking at the dropdown list of values to select for the Salesforce Account field.

Try using these steps.

1. Trigger: Azure DevOps - New Work Item
  2. Action: Salesforce - Find Record (Account)
  3. Action: Salesforce - Create Record (Case) [map the Record ID from step 2]

Thank you!  This makes total sense now for my workflow!