Best answer

Connecting to squarespace

• 26 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey!

I’ve created my zap and all is well.  However, inside squarespace, in my newsletter block storage, I’m trying to connect to zapier and it’s stuck on “awaiting zapier connection” it’s been there for about 10 minutes now.  The zap tested fine, but when I’m in my squarespace trying to set up storage to connect to zapier...it won’t get past “awaiting zapier connection”  it’s very frustrating...is there a step im missing?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 May 2020, 16:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! This might be one for support sadly! Have you messages Squarespace/Zapier support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @stylebycandace!

This is an issue we've seen happen before and there are a couple of different causes we can check.

​1. ​Squarespace automatically names the form "New Form" there can be multiple new forms. Can you change the name of the form so that it appears as a unique name in the drop-down menu. Then, make sure to select the correct option.​​

2. Can you make sure that you generated the API keys in Squarespace and added them to Zapier? Sometimes, that can be a complex process and it may help to try again. Here's Squarespace's guide on how to generate API keys: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000641507-Adding-form-integrations-with-Zapier

Let me know if that does the trick! If not we can see if there’s something else that will help.