Best answer

connecting google sheets to trello

• 18 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I wish to make a trigger whereby:

Adding a new row to google sheet → add checklist item to a specific card in Trello.
- Use column B (card title) to assign which card to add the item. 
- Use column C (assignment) to create the checklist item.  

Example:
For example, a row may have “Shopping List” for Column B and “Buy Fruit” for Column C. I would like this to add a checklist item to the Shopping List card in Trello. 

A row may have “House Work” for Col B and “Clean Bathroom” for Col C. I would like this to add a checklist item titled “Clean Bathroom” to the House Work card in Trello.

Subject (col B) Assignment (col C)
Shopping List Buy Fruit
Housework Clean Toilet
Shopping List

Return chocolate

For example, if I created the following rows in my Google Sheet I would like it to add 1 item to the checklist in my Housework Card and 2 items to the checklist in my Shopping List Card

I’m struggling to figure out how to do this using the existing “Create Checklist Item in Card” trigger. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 April 2020, 18:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @GGChika ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response!

I would love to hear more about your workflow here and how GoogleSheets is being leveraged to see if there is a way to streamline the process here. In the meantime, your flow would look like:

Trigger → New Row in Google Sheets

Action → Find Card in Trello

Action → Add to Checklist or Create Checklist

Let me know if that does the trick! Looking forward to hearing back on your workflow!

Hi @GGChika ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response!

I would love to hear more about your workflow here and how GoogleSheets is being leveraged to see if there is a way to streamline the process here. In the meantime, your flow would look like:

Trigger → New Row in Google Sheets

Action → Find Card in Trello

Action → Add to Checklist or Create Checklist

Let me know if that does the trick! Looking forward to hearing back on your workflow!

I currently have a flow that looks like that (it already exists as “Create Checklist Item in Card in Trello”). 

Just to clarify if it wasn’t clear in my original post, a row created in my google sheet could be for any Trello card (e.g, shopping or housework).

How do I get the flow to correctly assign each checklist to the correct card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @GGChika!

You would need the Google Sheet to have something in it that will help match the item to the card. For example, the first column ‘subject’ could be the name of the card. Then, the Find Card step would find the Card that matches the subject, and will give you the ID of the card, so that you can use it in the ‘Add to checklist or create checklist’ step. 

I hope that helps!