Question

Collecting emails from Discord

• 16 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Im interested in the discord>google sheets integration. I am hoping there is a way I can use a commend, or a direct message, or private message to add a users email to a google sheet. Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @SecretForge 

You can set up the following Zap to get users email:

• Trigger: Discord - New User Joins your server
  • Action: Sheet - Add a google sheet row

I’m not sure if zapier trigger will give you the user email but it’s in the API and if you dont get the email from trigger use “Find User” action before the last action.

I figured this would just add the users username to Google sheets. I figured I need them to type in their email right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The API says it will automatically get the users email in the Output

Try and see if the trigger sends the user’s email, they don’t have to write their email.

I do email marketing as my primary source of income. Not only for sending reputation but also to stay morally a white-hat marketer, I couldn’t pull an email onto a list without an opt in. I would settle for a checkbox or auto fill but I doubt users joining the discord would be aware their email was pulled from the api. Definitely a grey area.