Question

Cloud convert Google Drive Zap question

• 9 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Okay- here is what I want my zap to do- before I try to build it- I would like to know if it can be done :)

Folder Set: Projects>####

Each folder within the projects folder is unique. Inside each folder we save a series of .tif files. Currently we manually take those files, and create pdfs in Cloud convert and put them back in the folder. 

The zap might look something like this: 

If new.tif file is saved to a folder within the projects folder, convert to PDF and save the pdf to that same folder. 

So for example- if “3654.tif” is saved/copied into file the folder Projects>6433, cloud convert would convert it and put it back into folder Project>6433 as 3654.pdf (both files will now be in the folder). 

This would happen for any of the different folders within the projects folder. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Linda D!

The tricky part of that workflow is getting the right data that you need from your trigger step. You can’t use New File in Folder trigger unless you want to build 1 Zap per folder inside of Projects. It doesn’t trigger on subfolders, so you couldn’t specify the Projects folder.

You can try New File to trigger on all new files, then add a filter step to limit when the Zap continues. But I just checked and there’s nothing in the data that specifies the parent folder of the file’s folder. That means that file.tif inside of the Best Projects folder, inside of the Projects folder won’t show you anything that identifies the Projects folder :( 

That means you’d need to keep track of all the IDs of the child folders within Projects (like in Google Sheets or Airtable) and check against it every time the Zap triggers. But if that’s happening for every new file, those tasks are going to add up.

Let’s see if one of our other Community members has some clever trick up their sleeve!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Linda D 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?