ClickFunnels to Infusionsoft creating duplicate contacts

• 24 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

When someone opts-in on my CF page I am sending them to a zap that creates/updates a contact with a tag in Infusionsoft. The problem is this creates a duplicate contact instead of updating a contact with the tag I want added when a contact already exists.

Is this a Zapier issue or am I missing something?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there @MikeG

I don't have much experience using the Zap for Infusionsoft/Keap, but I think what you'll want to do is to create a step in between that "searches" for the contact first. Then create a "Path" (just type "Path" into the app box for the next step) where Path A's condition is if a contact exists, then add the tag.

Path B's condition is if the contact does not exist, create the contact, and add the tag.

Hi Mike,

I’m having this same exact problem. Zapier (or something on Infusionsoft/keap’s end) is creating duplicate contacts even though I selected “create/update”.

Clearly, there’s not a check occurring to see if the email address already exists, and if so, update the contact. 

And on Keap’s side… why someone would be able to create a duplicate contact is beyond me. I would think that the email address should be the primary key.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @wyliecoyote! This might be a bug with Zapier Infusionsoft integration, but someone will need to take a closer look at your Zap to be sure. Could I trouble you to create a ticket with the Support team by using the ‘Get Help’ form to let them know about the trouble that you’re having: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

@wyliecoyote  There are multiple reasons why someone would need to create duplicate contacts that share the same email address on Infusionsoft side and many users need this functionality. Our business is one of those that have depended on this for past 10 years with Infusionsoft  ;)