Best answer

Check column in every row of Google Sheet Tab

• 14 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Background: I have a Google Sheet, call the tab “pending deliveries” where each row contains customer details and a courier tracking code that I add in when the courier comes to pick up a delivery.

I want to use the courier API to check if the item has been delivered, then move the row to a different tab, or leave it there until it’s been delivered.

My thinking is I would like to periodically (every 4 hours or so) query every row in the “pending deliveries” google sheet tab, get the courier tracking code from the tracking code column in each row, then check via the courier API if it’s delivered, then if it’s not been delivered move onto the next row, if it has been delivered move the row to another tab in the sheet and move onto the next row. 

How might I do this?

The courier doesn’t seem to offer me a hook to grab when the delivery has been made - I need to query their system periodically.

icon

Best answer by atomicnick 10 February 2021, 18:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s how to create a looping Zap that may be applicable to your use case with GSheets:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@atomicnick 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

Hey Andrew. Been on the backburner of todos. I also see Zapier has a repeatable workflow option in beta too. Will get round to it soon, and this page is bookmarked :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@atomicnick - Sure thing! Come back anytime you need more help.