Best answer

Capture new rows and send that information via gmail

• 3 April 2020
  • 4 replies

I need to be able to capture the text of the updated row and or cell and then have it forwarded using gmail. I have the zap between google spreadsheets and gmail working fine and I receive an email whenever an update is made, however it does not provide me the context of the cell or the cell to reference that has changed. Is this possible for this to be completed?

icon

Best answer by jesse 10 June 2020, 22:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@cadetcrasher to echo what Andrew said, this isn’t possible with the current Google Sheets integration on Zapier - the cell that gets updated isn’t currently returned in the API call being made. As a workaround, you might try something like Airtable where you can set up filtered views and trigger on new records in that view. You may have to play around with the conditionals a bit but depending on the outcome you’re after, you may be able to get something to work going that route. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think you’ll have difficulty with this @cadetcrasher - Zapier will trigger when a row is updated, but it’s not going to tell you which specific cells were updated.

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

The template of the information is below. A manager will put the information into a new row or update a cell. I would like for the new row or updated cell to be captured and provided in the email. If it is not possible to have the cells captured, would it be possible to indicate the cell that was updated? For example, “The following cells have been added or updated on the following spreadsheet: 1st Shift - C2,C3,D5.” 

Does that make sense?

First Last Position Start Time End time Time Zone Work Days Location Shift

Manager

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @cadetcrasher 

When you talk about context and reference, can you show an example of exactly what you’d want to see from Zapier?