Best answer

Canceled Subscriptions in Stripe - email field missing

• 6 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I can't find a way to do this because the email field (customer) doesn't appear in Stripe. So I have no way to link it with MailerLite.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

I appreciate any help.
A greeting.

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 November 2021, 12:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lunaticosentierra 

Try adding a Zap step: Stripe Find Charge

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue. When I use Stripe Find Charge, nothing returns in my test. (This is likely due to the customer cancelling the subscription in their trial period and not having a subscription charge). Also, when I use Stripe Find Customer Email; nothing returns. It appears that the Stripe data pulling into Zapier is not brining in the customer email. Any other suggestions?

Hi @lunaticosentierra 

Try adding a Zap step: Stripe Find Charge

This worked well with Stripe Find Customer. 

Yea I’m having the same issue and it’s really annoying. Like, why can the email be there for all the other option but it’s broken for the cancel subscription option? Fix your stuff Zapier!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @lunaticosentierra, @AndrewInevitrade, @Stevie and @GMB! :)

I did some digging and it looks like there’s an existing bug reported for the Canceled Subscription Stripe trigger not returning the email address. So I’ve added all of you to the list of affected users.

I don’t have an ETA on when this will be resolved but we will notify you by email as soon as it is. In the meantime, using a Find Customer search action and searching by the customer ID that’s supplied by the Canceled Subscription trigger should help to locate the email address.

Has anyone got a screenshot of the settings to get this working?

It’s a joke this still hasn’t been fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @splithero, welcome to the Community! :)

To get the Find Customer search step set up you’ll need to choose the Custom value option on the Query field, then select the Customer ID field from the previous step:

bf37c17be5d48e9a08a78ae75a1c4fae.png

That Find Customer step should then be able to give you the email address for the customer which you can then use in subsequent steps. 

You can find out more about using search steps in our Search for existing data in Zaps guide and how to select custom values in our Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps guide.

In the meantime, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I don’t have an estimate on when it will be sorted but we will let you know by email once it is.