Best answer

Can two Zaps with the same triggers run simultaneously?

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Beginner
  • 16 replies

Hello guys,

I am having another problem with my zaps, so I have a zap that has been running for a year with no fail. The trigger is “Shopify » New Paid Order”

The action is to Create a Document from Text and then Create an Asana Task

I then made another Zap using the same Trigger 
Shopify » New Paid Order

Create a Document From Text 

Create Loop from Line items

Find Document

Append Text to Document

I published it two days ago but it is still not picking up any orders from my shopify account the other zap runs fine. What I wanted to do is to run these zaps simultaneously and see if they are running smoothly beforedisabling the first one completely.

icon

Best answer by jesse 27 May 2022, 19:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @KWF! Great to hear from you again but so sorry to hear you’re running into another issue with your Zaps. 😔

I was coming through our internal notes to see if I could find a bug or even a hint as to why this is happening and nothing obvious stood out. After viewing similar issues in regards to new orders not triggering the Zap, we were able to pinpoint the issue by pulling up logs relating to your Zaps. We’re unable to do that in Community, but our support team has full access to this information! Feel free to reach out to them about this issue, here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I will make a note to follow along on the ticket once it’s submitted as well, so we can circle back and update this thread with an answer.

Looking forward to getting you some clarity and a resolution on this one!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Zap is already working but it took 2 days before it ran. Can you help me out with my original inquiry how to get the Rows and Loop to work together or any idea how to I can get Rows in a Document.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@KWF Hmm, 2 days is a lot longer than expected. If a trigger event happens, the max amount of time it should ever take is 15 minutes. Is it running within that timeframe now? Let me know!

As for the looping/row part of your workflow, I know we have a separate thread open where a few of us are working with you on that. To keep context relevant, let’s continue to have that conversation over there, while we close the loop on this particular issue, here. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is working normally now, but I still need to figure out what I need to do so I can get my document working perfectly as intended.

I tagged you in the other thread for the Create Rows on Google sheets to Looping. I thought you already have a hint of what I can do with it. Anyway, you can look into that thread, please? I really need a solution to that. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@KWF We’ll keep working together on your other issue on the other thread. 🙂 In the meantime, it sounds like this particular issue has been resolved. 

For anyone else following along that is running into something similar, I wanted to share the following information:

If a trigger event happens, the max amount of time it should ever take is 15 minutes.

After viewing similar issues in regards to new orders not triggering the Zap, we were able to pinpoint the issue by pulling up logs relating to your Zaps. We’re unable to do that in Community, but our support team has full access to this information! Feel free to reach out to them about this issue, here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help