Best answer

Can't push Slack Message to a Zap from anyone on the same Slack team

• 20 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue as this old one, but in my case when the Zap is turned on, other Slack Team members with Zapier connections still cannot access the Zap. 

I am using the Push From Slack Message trigger but it only works for whoever owns the Zap and won’t show up for anyone else in the same team. I’ve tried a variety of things like making sure the creator is an Admin, and has set their Slack team connection to share with everyone. 

The Zap itself works if the owner triggers it. 

I can’t figure out what I am missing in the setup. 

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 January 2022, 09:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sblausten

Before you get started
Do you have restricted apps on your Slack workplace?
If you’re not sure, you can check if Slack is one of them in your restricted apps on your Slack workspace.
It may be the case that you need to get approval from your Slack admin to approve Zapier.

Once you are sure Zapier is an approved app, move onto the following steps:

1. Connect to your Slack account to Zapier.
  2. Within Slack, in the left-hand nav under Apps click “Add more apps”.
  3. Next, in Browse Apps search for Zapier
  4. Click “Get Started”.
  5. Next, you'll be asked to give Zapier permission to access your Zapier Slack workspace. Click "Allow".
  6. Your setup is complete! You can head back into to your Slack workspace and click the "Home" tab in the Zapier app to use the App Home.

You can try opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone, the Zapier Slack app is added to our Slack workspace already and doesn’t appear to have any restricted permissions. 

I’ll open a ticket I guess

I too would like to share a common Zap which is triggered by a Slack push with multiple members of my team. Previously we’ve had to copy the Zap and modify each copy to update each Slack step to use each member of the team’s individual Slack accounts. With a large team, as you can imagine, this becomes very tedious and a burden especially if we update the template and then have to ask everyone to delete, copy, and then update again to get any changes.

Userlevel 1

Yes @JMcCann thats the solution we ended up having to take. As you say, it doesn’t scale! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @JMcCann! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

I took a peek and wanted to share what my teammate Nadia shared with @sblausten in their support email:

Right now, the "New Pushed Message" trigger for Slack will only work for the Slack account that's specified in the Zap. 

This does mean that in order for the rest of your team to use this Zap, they'd need to create their own copy of your Zap, then change the connected Slack account to their own one. 

The easiest way to do this would be to: 
1) Invite your team to the Teams account (if they haven't joined yet) 
2) Be sure those Push Zaps are in a Shared Folder that's shared with everyone, which will allow your colleagues to create copies of those Zaps.
3) In their own Zap copies, they will need to replace the Slack account to their own one 
4) If they wish to keep their Zap Private, they can move it to their own Private Folders 

I can certainly see how it would be super handy to be able to create a single Zap that's shared with everyone in the Slack org, though! We have a standing request for this improvement, and I've gone ahead and added your email as a vote. This way, we can automatically notify you if this does become available.

That said, I did go ahead and add you to this feature request as well! We’ll be sure to send you an email and update this thread as soon as we know more. 🙂

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks, @christina.d. Do you have a link to the feature request so we can review?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Totally valid question, @JMcCann.

We use an internal tracking system for feature requests and bug reports so not something we’re able to share. That said, once an update occurs in terms of implementation everyone on the list will be notified via email. Our team will also be notified so we can update the thread. 🙂

Hi, I would like to be notified for this feature and be added to the feature request :) @christina.d 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @la Chapelle! I got your vote added and we’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. 🙂