Best answer

Can't Get Excel to load Custom Fields

• 28 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am trying to add a row to an excel work book based on a custom field and I am getting the error “Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from Microsoft Excel.”

How do I fix?

icon

Best answer by jesse 1 September 2020, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @shaebert - Thanks for posting this. I see the field you chose for Folder is “root,” would it be possible to you to select and map the field that your folder is within OneDrive? I think that it’s not finding the folder path so that’s why it’s showing you that error. You’ll need to map it out (like you did with all the other fields), and not type the folder name to resolve the error.

Please give it a try and let us know how it went!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @shaebert! Errors can sometimes occur when mapping a custom field into a drop-down. More info on that, here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-microsoft-excel#errors-when-using-custom-values-for-spreadsheet-or-worksheet-id. In the meantime, reselecting your Spreadsheet and Worksheet drop-down choices, in that order, should help fields appear in your action template. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @jesse, but yes I don’t want to have to select the spreadsheet/worksheet. I want it to dynamically populate based on the custom value (which is just the name of the spreadsheet/worksheet). It appears that Zapier can’t dynamically set these values after reading the link you provided above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@shaebert ahh, sorry about that! Yes, the must be chosen from the drop-downs within the action template.