Best answer

Can’t connect to Facebook have permissions changed?

Userlevel 1

I am an admin on a Facebook page that I used to have connected to Zapier. Now it will not let me connect new lead forms from that page to Zapier. I have full admin access to the page. This process changed within the last 48 hours so I have Zaps working that say “Legacy” connection on them. However, I cannot update them or the lead forms they are connected to, which is an issue. I don’t know where to go from here because according to their help docs, I have the access I need to hook up the page. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 October 2021, 18:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kaila_Rae 

I’ve seen others posting about this same issue, altho I don’t know what the solution is.

Probably, best to open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kaila_Rae, welcome to the Community! :)

I’m so sorry you’re running into this issue with the new version of the Facebook Lead Ads integration. It seems you’ve reached out to our Support team and they’ve responded with some suggestions on how to resolve this.

I wanted to share those suggestions here in case it’s helpful to others running into the same issue:

We have recently updated the Facebook Lead Ads integration for new Zaps, to keep it in line with changes from Facebook. Specifically, permissions are now handled slightly differently via the "Business Manager". You can read more about that here:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/business/help/2406437459411127?id=420299598837059

To help connect your pages, you'll want to make sure that the Page Owner has added you to the page, using the instructions here:

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2169003770027706?id=2190812977867143

If you are the page owner, those same steps will allow you to add your personal Facebook account to the page. 

While adding the account to your page, you'll have the option to assign a variety of permissions. The first one you'll want to grant is Admin access:

9d7fbe1482ac8439108cf89a53f8152f.png 

After selecting Admin access and clicking "Next", you will also need to select "Pages" and grant the account Manage Page permissions, then select "Ad accounts" and grant the account Manage ad account permissions:

c47fedb02ef9a1103c6581782a388e54.png 

dc6b37087452f5ed6084514a39f44f77.png 

After setting those permissions and selecting "Invite", you should receive an email at the email address you use to log into Facebook, which will walk you through some steps to accept the invite. After it's been accepted, you can use the page below to connect to Facebook Lead Ads: 

https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@SamB can this be added to the help docs for FB Lead Ads please? This change has caused more and more problems with permissions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PaulKortman! :)

I’m not able to add it to the help docs myself but I do know that there is going to be a complete overhaul to the help documentation for Facebook Lead Ads given the recent changes. I don’t have an ETA on when it will be done by but it is definitely in the pipeline to get sorted! 

Userlevel 1

@SamB This has not helped me. It will still not let me connect. I made an account with Automate.io to make it work but they don’t have access to all the apps we use so it’s just an additional software/cost to us at the moment. I used my Facebook email address to create the business manager account and now it’s not recognizing I have admin access and I’m not sure what else to do. I’ve waited hoping to see a better answer pop up in the discussions or the Facebook group but this has not been the case. Do you have any idea why I would not be allowed? It is saying I don’t have admin access even though I am an admin on the page and I am the one who set up the ad account originally. 

I have all the options clicked on (see above)

But I still receive this when I try to make it work:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Kaila_Rae

I’m sorry those suggestions didn’t help to solve it. Can you confirm whether the account you’re the Page Owner and that you have a Facebook Business Manager account?

I ask as it looks as though the Facebook Page Owner needs to have a Business Manager account in order to use the Facebook Lead Ads integration. If someone else (not the Page Owner) wants to connect, they need to be added as "People" and granted "Admin access" (and they need to have a Business Manager account as well). 

To grant Admin access to the account, the Page Owner would need to follow the instructions outlined here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2169003770027706?id=2190812977867143

Can you confirm if those were the steps you took to assign Admin access permissions? 

From your screenshot it looks like “Manage page" has been granted. Has "Manage ad account" access also been granted? 

Userlevel 1

@SamB Yes. I own the business manager account this is through and I fully admin the page itself. I have all the permissions you mention granted on my profile. I should be able to do this according to your help doc but cannot. I have added others onto the account and will see if we can do through theirs but this is frustrating as you can probably understand. If another tool was able to integrate as well with Acuity and our CRM we would likely leave Zapier over this. 

Are there any other steps we can take to get this to connect via my account? 

Thank you for your help and quick replies. They are appreciated. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay in replying here, @Kaila_Rae! I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be! :( 

Things have since changed so for issues selecting the correct page when connecting to Facebook Lead Ads, if the permissions are still correct, then you’ll want to try resetting the CRM permissions. More details here: The page I want to use is not showing in my Zap

The Facebook Lead Ads integration help documentation has been updated so I’d also recommend reviewing that here: Common Problems with Facebook Lead Ads

If you try the suggested steps linked to above but are still running into issues, please do contact our Support Team. They’ll be able to take a look into the error logs for your Zaps to investigate further and help resolve any issues! :)

Having the exact same issue 200/403 error and i KNOW i have the permissions setup correctly… very frustrating

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @BrockH!

I’m really sorry you’re running into those frustrating 200 and 403 errors here. :(

I can see that you’ve already reached out to our Support Team about this and they are helping you to resolve these errors. If you have any further questions you can reply directly on that email thread. :)