Question

Can I include an image that I have tweeted in a POST to a Discord Channel?

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I’ve been able to create Zaps that are successfully POSTing the text in my Tweets to an ‘announcements’ channel on my Discord server which in itself is great. But, my tweets also include images or GIFs. I only do one image a tweet but it’s like a flyer. Is there a way for me to include the attached image in a Tweet in what get’s posted to Discord?

I’ve been testing various options in the ‘Set up Action’ section of my zaps and tried various different things to do with Media or attachments in the ‘Insert data’ options of the Message Text box but to no avail. All that happens in Discord when I test the Zaps is that I get my Tweet text and then a URL which I presume could be the URL of the GIF I’m trying to display beneath my text in Discord.

Regards,

Steve 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends!

👋🏽 Very much a belated update but this bug is officially closed. If you are posting an image url on Discord using Zapier, it will now show a thumbnail image. 

Apologies for the delay and thanks for your patience on this one! 

Just to be super clear, we still have an open feature request to add images and videos as an attachment in Discord. What’s changed is that you’ll now see a thumbnail if you include a url of an image in the Discord message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @eviltweedle! Right now, the ability to attach images/files to new messages is an open feature request. 

In the meantime, we’ll add your vote for this feature and close this thread. We’ll update the other thread if/when this gets implemented. :slight_smile: