Best answer

Can I fetch data from a row in Google Sheets that has been populated using the =QUERY function?

• 19 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi - I have a google sheet that receives results from a Typeform quiz. I am using the Query function to bring over the answers into a second worksheet, because I need to use the results to further calculate other scores and lookup images.

I am trying to use a Zap that picks up data in the rows created by the Query function, but when I run the “Find Data” step, it finds the rows but there is no data in any of the columns. 

Is there some reason why Zapier cannot see the data that’s been brought through using the Query function? If I replicate the sheet and just paste the data in then it seems to work.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 29 April 2020, 19:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Cognopia Thanks for the question and I’m sorry that it’s taken a while to get you a response. 

Using a query function in a Google Sheet with Zapier can be tricky because the sheet will only update when it’s opened. So, even if you update the first sheet, your sheet with the formula wont actually update until you open it in Google Sheets. 

Does sound like it might be the cause of the issue here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Cognopia - Please let us know if you’re willing and able to share the solution you found. We do recommend hosting on GDrive to see if that helps: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id={{FILE_ID}}