Best answer

Can I create a "execute task X days before" a date field in my trigger data?

• 5 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I was using Mailchimp - which has this functionality built-in called "Specific Date" where I can send reminders on DATE -4days, then DATE -2days before a booked event.

Our business has moved to Sendinblue for email marketing and it does not have this function built-in to the automation.

I have tried to build a Zap with Zapier Formatter, Zapier Delay and even Google Calendar Event Start...but they keep erroring.

Has anyone successfully built this function with Zapier? Help appreciated!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 6 March 2020, 08:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @gerodea

Can you show us the errors you're getting?

Userlevel 1

Hi AndrewJDavison_Luhhu - thanks for taking an interest!

Here's one way I tried it:

Manipulate Date -4 days...

Screenshot 2020-03-05 19.54.27.jpgSuccessful

Screenshot 2020-03-05 19.54.18.jpgError on Delay

Screenshot 2020-03-05 19.54.36.jpgI somewhat understand there are constraints on the Delay function but I can't be sure that that is my issue...

Thanks for any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @gerodea

So yeh, in that case the event is closer than 4 days, so when you give it the event date, subtract 4 days, you end up with a date in the past - and you obviously can't delay the zap until something in the past.

On the delay step, you'll see a dropdown about handling dates in the past. Open it and select "Always continue".

Then, if the booked event is less than 4 days away the zap will just send the reminder immediately. No more error.