Best answer

QuickBook Online error: A business validation error has occurred while processing your request

• 27 May 2022
  • 4 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Good morning,

We have been having issues with our Purchase order to QBO zap this morning. the issue is sporadic but multiple purchase orders have failed due to a “Business Validation error” and i cannot figure out why. I have compared to other ones that are successful but they appear identical and i cannot verify what is the difference causing the issue. screenshots below.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 June 2022, 05:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AlexJ 

Good question.

Business validation error/Deprecated fields

If you are running into issues with unsupported fields, you may be using an older version of Quickbooks.
Zapier uses V3 of the Quickbooks API.
If you are using a newer version and still getting this error please drop us an email and we can take a closer look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @AlexJ! I can see you were able to reach out to support about this!
It looks like this was their last correspondence:

I've dug into our internal error logs to find more details on that for you. Here's the complete error message I found from QBO: 

"Business Validation Error: You can’t create or modify a transaction with a date that comes before you started tracking quantity on hand for the following: SDC1056."

This sounds to be an issue with the date on your invoice. I'm wondering if it's referring to the date here: 

?name=image.png

Did Troy’s or supports insight help at all to get you back on track? We’d love to know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AlexJ!

Were you able to take a look at the reply that our Support Team sent to you? If so did it help you to understand the issue? 

If you can’t see the email that the team sent, please could you try searching your email inbox (including junk/spam folders) for ‘@zapier.com’ Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! I’m going to summarize some of the tips we’ve got so thus far in case it’s helpful for anyone following along!:

Business validation error/Deprecated fields

If you are running into issues with unsupported fields, you may be using an older version of Quickbooks.
Zapier uses V3 of the Quickbooks API.
If you are using a newer version and still getting this error please drop us an email and we can take a closer look.

After taking a look our friends found this error in the logs:

"Business Validation Error: You can’t create or modify a transaction with a date that comes before you started tracking quantity on hand for the following: SDC1056."

From here they recommended:

This sounds to be an issue with the date on your invoice. I'm wondering if it's referring to the date here: 

?name=image.png

To ensure you're looking at the correct steps to fixing this, I recommend that you reach out to the support team at QBO so they can provide you with more information on why you're seeing that error.