Best answer

Best way to copy + paste a spreadsheet snippet to Slack?

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

This question isn’t necessarily Zapier related, but there were so many sharp minds in the “Suddenly Remote” webinar a few weeks ago that I thought this might be a good community to ask. Has anyone found an efficient way to copy + paste a small snippet/array/set of cells from a spreadsheet into Slack? The only way I can figure out that doesn’t mess up the formatting is by posting as a screenshot, which obviously renders the data unusable by the folks I’m communicating with over Slack. Anyone have any good workarounds as I feel like I run into this a few times a week.

Thanks!

Andy

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 15 April 2020, 21:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks Nick, I actually didn’t realize you could change the type of snippet! It still doesn’t look great, but better than the generic “``” snippets I usually use. I often will post a screenshot and then the snippet in the thread underneath for those who need the actual data so maybe this is the best option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Mod Edit: 02-21-2022

Hey Andy,

The best thing I can come up is to use a code or text snippet:

Then select Spreadsheet as the Type:

It’s not perfect but it does a decent job of keeping things readable. I look forward to seeing if anyone else has ideas :)