Question

Basecamp 3 search string

• 4 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I would like to set up a step to add a person to a project in Basecamp when a new project is created. I’ve set up the step to “Find a Project in Basecamp 3”, but I don’t know what to type into the “search name” box to look for the name of the new project each tie. All of the options from the dropdown menu are not correct. Does anyone know how to write a search string for this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @angelapinkpalm! I can see that you also contacted the Support Team to ask about this one. For anyone who might have a similar question, here’s their reply:

You wouldn't need to use a Find Project step here. You could just map the ID of the project from the Create Project step where needed. To do this, you will need to use a custom value for the Project field and map the ID there.

Here's a video and a guide on how to do that - https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-zaps.