Question

Automating your phone system

• 26 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all, 

New to zapier and wonder if anyone could help me figure out an automation. 

As a recruitment business, we take a lot of incoming calls. We are a small business making it highly inefficient as most calls from job seekers just need an application form. Depending on the job they are applying for, we tell them where to go on the website and SMS them a link. I would like to automate this process. 

We want a phone system with a multi-layer Auto Attendant. We want to send an SMS (via message media) to the candidate. The SMS that is sent will depend on the options that the candidate selects.

Example attached  

I have the SMS part covered as have an account with message media. If the call could be tagged dependant on what option they selected, or if it could populate a spreadsheet dependant on their selection, then we can automate the text messages. 

I am aware that there is good integration with RingCentral but wondered if there are any other  VoIP partners that might be able provide a working solution. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Many thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jordan0304 

Check out the available Zap apps for Phone & SMS: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

Twilio Studio is an option, but it’s more dev/tech focused: https://www.twilio.com/studio

One things to be aware with RingCentral:

Not all recordings, calls, SMSs, or voicemails are triggering my zap

The RingCentral API will only send back the recordings, calls, SMSs, voicemails, etc for the logged in user. If you need to get recordings for other users, you'll need to connect their RingCentral accounts to Zapier and set up a zap for each one. Once you have one zap set up, you can copy it (you can do so by clicking on the down arrow on the right side of the zap from your dashboard and selecting "copy") and then swap out the connected account in the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jordan0304 Checking in here to see if you were able to implement any of Troy’s suggestions into your desired workflow. How are things going? Is there anything else we can help you think through here?