Best answer

Automatically apply tag to new AWeber subscriber based on Tally survey response

• 26 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a quick survey I built with Tally.so that new users can take on my website. At the end of the survey they can choose to subscribe via email.

If they subscribe then I have a zap setup to send the new subscriber to an aweber list. 

The problem…

I want to use the user’s response to one of the multiple choice questions as a subscriber tag in aweber. This will allow me to customize content in aweber based on the tag. There is a “tags” field in zapier and I selected the data I wanted to populate as a tag.

This is what the zap looks like… in this case the tag that should be passed through to aweber when a new subscriber is created would be “other”

When I tested my survey with a test email everything worked except for the tag. No tag was added to my new test subscriber and, therefore, I can not trigger my custom content to be sent to the user. 

I contacted aweber directly and they sent me to a 3-year old support page that seemed to be outdated info. 

Any help is appreciated :) 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 January 2022, 05:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chatwick 

Try adding a Filter step to check if the multiselect fields contacts the desired value.

Then you can statically set the desired Tag instead of mapping a dynamic variable.

@Troy Tessalone thank you for responding. What you’re suggesting would work if there was only one desired value. However, the question has 5 possible choices and all of them are acceptable… I want the tag to be whatever option they select. In theory this tag will come into Aweber and allow me to trigger a custom campaign for the user based on their interests. So I think it needs to be dynamic unless there is another way filters could work here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chatwick 

Some options to try:

1. 1 Zap with 5 Paths: https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-branching-logic-to-zaps-with-paths
  2. 5 Zaps each with a Filter step: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

One of these should do it! Thank you @Troy Tessalone