Best answer

Automatically answer when someone send me a direct message

• 30 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I’m trying to configure a Zap that allows me to send an answer when someone send me a private direct message.

Scenario:

Bill send me a direct message (so not in a channel) and I want that when this event happens, automatically Zapier send to Bill an answer. E.g: “Sorry Bill, but Mirko is not in office right now, can you call him to phone 123456789?”

I’m using the event “New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack” and as channel I have typed my username as custom value. In this way it’s like I say to Zapier “when someone write me do this...”. Then I have added the filter about the Bill’s User Id and in the section “Do this...” I have configured the event “Send direct message”.

The problem is that the event is not triggered and Zapier throws the error “

Error from Slack: channel_not_found”. How can I configure a Zap that allows me to do what I have wrote in the Scenario?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 June 2020, 16:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mirkorap! if you’re using custom values for usernames/channels in Slack, you need to use the User ID and not username. This help guide explains how to find the user id and how to use it in your Zap: Common Problems with Slack