Best answer

Authentication Error but everything is correct

Userlevel 1

I’ve been having issues trying to integrate Thinkific and DocuSign. When I go to create the zap, it cannot connect to my Thinkific account. I checked, and I have the correct account type, correct API key and sub-domain...it keeps giving me the same error message. Please help!!

icon

Best answer by BowTieBots 22 May 2020, 14:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@NTYoga 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @NTYoga I’m sorry that you’ve been having trouble connection your Thinkific account to your Zap. I think that someone will need to take a look at your Zap to help you here. 

I've escalated this to the Support team and someone will be touch via email to help you with it as soon as possible.

@Danvers I am having the same exact issue. Connectivity tests are coming back as successful but I am getting contradicting error messages (screenshot attached) We are hoping to use this Zap today for a 500+ person webinar. I have put in a support request but have not heard back. Is there any chance you can help me expedite the process, please? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Robbin McManne Thinkific Basic plan only allows you to use Zapier Triggers.

In order to use action steps you need to upgrade your Thinkific account to Pro or Premier.  

This can result in your connection to Thinkific being good (Because you can use Zapier triggers) but failing when you test a Action Step.

If you upgrade to Pro you should solve this issue.

@BowTieBots thank you for your quick reply.

We’ve upgraded to the Pro plan and we are still getting the same exact two error messages as the screenshot above. I’ve signed out, signed back in. Disconnected Thinkific and re-connected and again the connectivity test is successful but the Zap will not work. 

@NTYoga Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Robbin McManne Try the following sequence:

1. Generate a new API key in thinkific
  2. Reconnect the app in Zapier using the new API key

It can take a little bit of time for Thinkific’s backend to recognize the change in your account and stop sending an error.  The new API key can sometimes force this change to happen quicker.

@BowTieBots I had done that previously and tried again just now...still the same error.

Userlevel 1

@Robbin McManne the support team had me delete the last part of the site URL, and then it connected perfectly. If you are still experiencing this issue, that may help

@NTYoga thank you for getting back to me!

Are you referring to your site URL in Thinkific in the settings? The “.thinkific.com” portion that comes after your subdomain? 

Userlevel 1

@Robbin McManne yes, exactly

@BowTieBots do you have any input on how to do that? The subdomain is the only portion I am able to update...not the “.thinkific.com” part which is permanent in the settings. 

P.S. thank you both @BowTieBots & @NTYoga for your help thus far!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Robbin McManne 

If your subdomain is XXXXX.thinkific.com you should just be entering the XXXXX part into the subdomain field.

If you go here:  Thinkific dashboard under Settings > Code & analytics > API it should be a copy and paste.