Best answer

Attachments

• 23 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have created a zap successfully to sent labelled e-mails with attachments from my gmail account to another person.

But, when I create a new same zap there is the following problem!

• When selecting BODY TYPE → Custom → Show All Options (in gmail) → 1. All Attachments (gives the following selection, please see below)

I do not recognise anything to select from? Example: 1. From Email dymjichsijr60@fnouz.jiw is not me!

In the (same) zap that works, there is the following to select:

Does some one know this problem?

Thanks for a solution.

Regards, William

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 16:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JW2020! Sorry for the delay in getting you a response on this!

The text that you can see in the first screenshot (eg dymjichsijr60@fnouz.jiw) is a fake sample so that you can see the type of fields that you’ll get from the Zap. 

Where it says ‘All Attachments (Exists but not shown)’ that means that the Zap has a file of the attachments that you can use in other steps of the Zap. One thing to know with Gmail Zaps is that if there’s more than one attachment on the email, then the Zap will pass all of the attachments in a Zip file. If you need to do something with each attachment separately, you’re often better off using the New Attachment trigger. 

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers/Jesse (person I got the mail from),

Thanks for your reply.

I use the trigger to label the specific email: 1. New Labeled Email in Gmail and that’s working fine.

I made a same Zap with the same trigger, but off course different label. But the now I can’t choose: 1. All Attachments.

Is that because I already uses this option?

Best Regards,

Jan-Willem

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JW2020! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

Hmm, you should still be able to use the ‘All Attachments’ field; if it’s available in one Zap, it will be available in the other. It’s possible that there weren’t any attachments on the email that the Zap is using as a sample. 

To check that, go to the New Labeled Email trigger and look in the ‘Find Data’ section. Does the email there have any attachments? If it doesn’t then you’ll need to ask the Zap to look for more samples until you find one with attachments. ​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @JW2020! We just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get to a resolution here. Let us know!

Userlevel 1

Hi @jesse, thanks for asking! I will try it in two weeks. If it’s not working I’ll let you know.