Best answer

Assign Roles to Discord

• 5 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I want to assign certain roles to people when they have filled out a form from Hubspot. This does not seem to find the discord name even though i am selecting the field Dscord Name. 

Anyone that can help?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 15 June 2020, 21:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RobrtC1M ,

Thanks for contacting us- sorry you are running into this issue with your Discord name!

I see you are working with Support so I will let them dig deeper as they are able to look into your specific Zap and configuration to troubleshoot.

If you have any additional questions, just let us know- happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RobrtC1M ,

Circling back here as I see you were working with Gary in Support! In an effort to assist other members who may have a similar workflow, I am providing a summary of their response below. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us- happy to help!

As Discord sees usernames as IDs, you would need to add the ID (not name) if you are using the Custom option within the Discord Role step. 

Alternatively, if you want to use the Zap without a Custom Role, you could use a Find User search as step 2. With Find User you would map the discord Name field to that Find User search and it will return an ID that you can use for the User field in the Add Role action.