Best answer

Asana + DevOps integration

• 21 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

I'm trying use Zapier to create a new userstory in Azure DevOps when a new task is created in Asana. 

I have managed to set rule up but my issue is the name of the task in Asana doesn't not transfer to the Devop Userstory. 

I'm not sure which title option to choose in the set up to get it working 

I have tried a couple with no success 

icon

Best answer by steph.n 7 July 2020, 06:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Chiraag ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response!

I see you are working with Michael in Support on this workflow- I will let them continue to dig into possible solutions as they are able to look directly into your configuration to troubleshoot.

If you have any additional questions, just let us know- we’re here to help!

Id be curious what the solution was.  I am having the same issue.  But when I create a task in Azure it does not come over the asana.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Lehi53! Here’s what our Support team had sent:

It looks like Azure DevOps isn't able to provide your Zap editor with a real new example of a work item. But it's possible to *skip* this test, and Azure will provide a default example.

This default example will show all the kinds of information that can be sent to Asana — like the item title and message text.

Does this default example help to show Asana which info they can expect?

Does that help you with your Zap?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Lehi53 - It looks like Doyle from the Zapier Support team got back to you and here’s the response in case anyone is looking for it:

It looks like Azure DevOps isn't able to provide your Zap editor with a real new example of a work item. But it's possible to *skip* this test, and Azure will provide a default example: https://zapier.com/app/editor/88086308/nodes/88086308/sample
This default example will show all the kinds of information that can be sent to Asana — like the item title and message text.

Does this default example help to show Asana which info they can expect?