Best answer

Asana Custom Fields

• 4 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am wanting to set up a zap that will create a new task in asana when another task is completed. I am having trouble with creating the new task and getting the zap to select the correct option in a custom drop down field. The new task keeps showing up blank?????

When I customize the task each field has so many different options for the one custom field that I just have no idea what one I need to select (I have tried all!!!). Do I need to do a look up for each custom field in order for it to work?

For one custom ID I have the option to select Enum Option ID, Name, Value Name, GID, Colour etc etc,

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 6 August 2020, 04:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@emmawhite when you switch to a custom “Resort” as you have shown in your screenshot you need to provide the Asana ID of the Resort you are wanting to be in this task. 

So there typically is a hint, if in your sample data you know you want the Ridgefield Resort to be selected in this Resort field you can switch back over to “resort” instead of custom, find the Ridgefield Resort in the dropdown and typically it will show the ID of the Resort under the name “Ridgefield Resort” once you see that ID, then you can switch back to custom and type that ID in the search bar. It should show in the list below which fields have that ID in it. Once you have selected that field to populate this field then you might be able to see the pattern. 

In general, it should be an ID field. for Resort_ID or “Custom Fields XYZ Enum Options ID” in the case of Asana.