Best answer

Archive Collection Item in WebFlow when item is deleted from RSS

• 2 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi.

I’m using an RSS feed to create Collection Items in Webflow. So far I’ve successfully created new and updated existing Collection Items.

The tricky bit is when I’m trying to set a Collection Item to archived when it’s removed from the RSS.

The RSS feed includes a spesific ID which is stored in “Storage by Zapier”, along with the Item ID from WebFlow. 

I want to check if the ID from the RSS exist, and if it don’t, then update the item with that ID in WebFlow to Archived.

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 3 October 2020, 13:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Is there a specific trigger you can use here? Unless you are watching the changes in an RSS somewhere, this will be quite difficult, because RSS is just a feed of information, you’d need an application to watch for the changes deletions.

My advice would be to create an intermediary between your RSS and Webflow - Mainly because RSS is not designed in a way that would make this easy. 

Why not send your RSS to a place like Airtable - And manage your inventory there?