Best answer

Applying payments in QuickBooks Online

• 11 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I seem to be having trouble getting the payment to apply to the invoice created in a previous step but within the same zap. I have put in a 1 minute delay between the "Create Invoice" and the "Create Payment" steps. Any tips?

icon

Best answer by BowTieBots 18 September 2019, 14:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you getting a specific error when you test / in runtime?

Can you screenshot how you have the "Create Payment" step mapped.

Userlevel 1

No error, the zap runs fine, it does create a payment in QBO but does not apply it to the invoice. It is left 'unapplied'. 2 screen shots attached

QBO_Zap_part1.PNGQBO_Zap_part2.PNG

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MikeW it looks like you are mapping a "Line ID" into the "Invoice ID". Is there an Invoice ID you're able to grab from your previous step? Sometimes, it's just labeled as "ID". Let us know!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@MikeW I ran a test this morning on my Quickbooks account here is the payment set up that resulted in a paid invoice after successfully running the a test:

image.pngimage.pngCustomer Ref Value was pulled from the invoice creation in the step above.

If you leave out the Line amount Under line items the payment gets created and references the invoice but does not get applied. To apply the payment to the invoice you need a value in Line Amount.

You should also be able to remove your delay step. The invoice exists once the invoice number is returned to Zapier.

For Clarity the custom value in "Line Linked Invoice" is this:

image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the detailed answer @BowTieBots!

@MikeW Does that help you with the trouble you were having? How are you getting on with that Zap?

Userlevel 1

@jesse @BowTieBots Thank you both! That seems to be it.